Most of the pregnant women experience morning sickness, however, there are some of them who have no problem with them and they really are the lucky ones. In case you are one of those who do experience it, here are some good advices on how to alleviate the symptoms, since we all know it is impossible to make them go away for good.
Morning sickness can appear sometimes from the very beginning of the pregnancy and last until the end of it, although it commonly appears between eighth and thirteenth week of the pregnancy. There is a short list of some drinks and food that can help you during that period.
HOW TO GET RID OF MORNING SICKNESS?
There is no cure that can make the morning sickness go away for good, however here are some drinks and food that can help you alleviate the symptoms.
- Some of the smells around us can be the trigger for morning sickness. It can be our favorite perfume, a shower gel or some of the food. For start, be honest to your partner and loving ones. If you are not comfortable with their perfume, or you have a problem with the cigarettes, tell them, because it is one of the easy ways to stop feeling bad around them. You can also try to always have some fresh squeezed lemon or some rosemary next to you so you can smell it if you have troubles with some smells around you.
- Also, morning sickness is more likely if you do not eat regularly during the day. Try to have all your meals in time, and to have some snack between them also.
- Some salted sticks, crackers, and almonds can reduce the nausea feeling, so you better have them with you all the time.
- Drink a lot of water. A cold drink or ice tea can be very helpful, especially cold drink with ginger, mint leaves or lemon.
- There are some approaches like Holistic approach, acupressure, acupuncture.
- The one thing that is for sure very helpful is not thinking about it. Lay down, watch a movie or favorite TV show, play sudoku, read or call a friend.
Advice: If you are one of those pregnant women who experience severe nausea and vomiting, be always prepared. Survival kit– as it is popular to call it nowadays. It can be a little purse with a few plastic bags, tissues, wet wipes, a bottle of water and some crackers, in case it is needed. 🙂